HUFS participated in the CAAS Symposium (Topic: Cultural Expression in the Era of Globalization), which was held from October 19, 2019, until October 21, 2019, at Shanghai International Studies University, China. A CAAS coordinator meeting was held during the symposium, and the symposium in the year 2020 was decided to be hosted by School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, and the symposium in the year 2021 was decided to be hosted by HUFS.
Dean of International Affairs Oh Jong-jin attended the meeting and exchanged ideas with Jang Fong Shanghai International Studies University’s Secretary on matters extending beyond ordinary student exchange programs, such as creating joint programs and degree courses in the future.
CAAS(Consortium for Asian and African Studies) was started in 2007 to promote Asian and African Studies and consists of 7 internationally prestigious universities known for regional studies.
*CAAS Member Universities
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS), Republic of Korea
- The School of Oriental and African Studies, London University (SOAS), U.K.
- Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales (INALCO), France
- Columbia University, U.S.A.
- Leiden University, the Netherlands
- Shanghai International Studies University (SISU), People's Republic of China
- Tokyo University of Foreign Studies (TUFS), Japan
저작권자 © HUFS NEWS 무단전재 및 재배포 금지